Wow, after months and months of procrastinating, I finally decided to create my very own blog. I'm both excited and scared at the same time. It's like opening a fortune cookie for the first time; you want to know whats inside but at the same time you don't want it predict say something bad. Anyways, enough about fortune cookies, lets talk about what I'll be posting and what you guys can expect.
First off, let me warn you that I am not an overly talented in the English language, meaning don't expect professional, high class and academic posts from me. I like to keep English short and simple. I just don't understand why I have to learn complicated vocabulary to prove my point. Why do academics speak with such complicated vocabulary when simple words would suffice? It just baffles me. What do you guys think? Are there any academics here who would like to argue my comment using "complicated vocabulary". HeHe, I just love irony.
Again, I digress, let me first tell you a little bit about myself. I'm an 18 year old university student who you would consider as a typical human being from external appearance. But I do have several internal concerns that I would like to vent to the world. Whether you guys want or are willing to listen and maybe attempt to simplify my complicated life is completely up to you. I'm too shy to ask advice from another person so I thought it would be better to anonymously ask you guys through the internet. I know what you guys are thinking right now. You'll probably be saying, "What an idiot, the internet is full of wierdos who would be as much help as Kevin Rudd is to Julia Gillard (Australian politics joke, if you're not Australian, you'll probably not get it)." and "Who even cares about the problems experienced by a young adult on the internet, I have enough problems of my own. Stuff this blog, I gonna watch YouTube instead". Well, if you were thinking along those lines, I don't blame you and understand completely. I started this blog on a whim, not knowing what to expect but just praying that it would reap positive rewards.
I'll probably be talking about current events that I find interesting, customs and human life in general, for example, why do we do what we do? What or more importantly, who determines the way our life panes out. I'll probably rant from time to time, just to vent off some steam. I'm sorry, you guys just have to deal with it.
My interest spans a broad range; broad enough for a normal person to think that I am crazy or weird. I like reading books but my attention span is very low so unless the book is really really good, I'll probably won't finish reading it. I like playing the PS3 or PC like any normal 18 year old. I absolutely love listening to Korean pop but I don't understand a word of Korean and I am not gifted with fair skin or a handsome face, so I feel as if I'm loving a genre of music that I won't be completely accepted in. I mean, I can't really talk to anyone of my friends without them criticizing or laughing at me for liking k-pop. That really pisses me off. Anyone else have the same problem? Probably not, I'm the lone sufferer of this unique problem.By the way, while we are on the topic of k-pop, my favourite is Girls Generations' by miles. That also makes me look gay in front of my friends, for loving a girl group, so I rarely share my love of SNSD on Facebook for fear of being ridiculed. I also like watching Kollywood movies. I understand a total of three languages. I understand English, Tamil, Malay and am trying very hard to learn Korean.I love watching romantic comedy movies, another reason my friends call me gay and I'm not too good with the ladies. Let me just clarify something at this point. I'm not gay but my interest are usually preferred by females, so what does that make me? Should I just man up and choose more manlier interests? Go to the gym, pump the weights and not be true to my heart? That is one question that has been at the back of my head for a long long time.
Well, I think that should count as a decent length for a blog post. I hope that you guys like my post/rant but hey, please cut me some slack because I'm new to this blogging business! Thank you, for taking the time to read through my blog. I really really appreciate it. If the readers of my blog was standing right in front of me, I would hug each and everyone of you guys. Damn, I sound gay once again! :"(
Always Around,
Dev
No comments:
Post a Comment